Monday 2 May 2016

Local Beauty ATC

Good evening, hope your bank holiday (for those in the UK) or having a long crafty weekend.  I am just popping on to show you another ATC that I have done for a swap, I did it on some wood ATC's and went for a girly vintage dress theme with one of my favourite Stampotique stamps from Magda Polakow called Agatha Crown.  I have done a step by step but lost a few pics at the end which I will go through to let you know what I did to finish it.  As always a full list of products I used will be at the bottom of the page.
I would like to enter the following challenges :-
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
Sisters of Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - It's Not Easy Being Green (upcycle or recycle) Using my sisters old sewing patterns we found in her loft from 20 years ago which she was going to throw out but I used on here for texture (see step by step), also the tulle and flower fabric was from her old supplies as well.

I have to admit I loved doing every bit of these ATC's,
so much fun playing with fabric, I really must do it again soon.

I have to admit I play with Agatha and turn her into lots of dressed up styles,
it must be something with this stamp.
If you can remember I once did this to her hair (you can find the post HERE)












And now for the step by step

I started with some wood ATC's from That's Crafty and added some 
vintage sewing pattern tissue for texture. This tissue is over
20 years ago and my sister was going to throw it away. I used some Pebeo gel that I need
to use up.

I knew I wanted to add some fabric into some form of skirt so
I used this fabric that had flowers on and then coloured it with paint
that had been water downed.  I love how the flowers resist.
The fabric was from my sisters old stash.

I also had some Docrafts fabric roll that I have never used so I cut some out
for the background.

I tore the pieces of fabric into strips, I also used some other vintage type material.

I took a piece of ribbon and tore strips of tulle and knotted them onto the ribbon.

I then sewn the strips of fabric over the tulle onto the ribbon.
You can't see here, but I also sewn some little pink beads randomly over the strips.

I painted the ATC with paint and when it had dried I stamped and clear
embossed a script stamp.

I then added some lighter paint over the top to trap in between the embossed script.
I wanted it light and muted down that's why I used lighter paint.

I added some chopped up paper doilies and stuck them in the corners.
Then with my finger I lightly went over the raised design with the background
paint colours.

I stamped Agatha with Archival and cut the lower part to make two parts,
this helps to make the stamp longer for the skirt.

I painted her with paint and added some of the lines that was painted over with
some journal pens.

Here is a close up.

Next I stuck down some pearls, every vintage girl needs pearls around
her neck :-)

I edged the ATC with darker paint and stuck the printed fabric off the roll down as
well, but edged it first.

At this point I felt the background needed more so I went off to think.  When I came back I had an idea but forgot to take the pictures.  Below is a summery of what I did next.

I added some gilded flakes and UTEE gold to the background.  Not a lot
only a bit at certain edges.  I used a cameo embellishment and painted
it in pink then added Treasure Gold on top.  I also added a button as a belt
and a bow in her hair.  I also added the legs, you can't see them but they are
there just in case the dress moves legs can be seen lol.

Right I shall be off, got some thin mulberry sheets and some bright water colour to paint and make into flowers!!!.  Thank you for taking the time to visit.

Happy Art :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx


Products
Stamps - Stampotique (Magda Polakow - agatha crown), Indigo Blu (script background)
Paint - Distress (victorian velvet, antique linen, spun sugar, tea dye, aged mahogany, pumice stone, walnut stain, vintage photo), Paperartsy Fresco (very berry, rose, french roast)
Ink Pads - Distress (ground expresso), Archival (jet black, potting soil), Versamark (dazzle frost)
Embossing Powder - Wow (clear), Ranger (gold UTEE)
Pens - Derwent Graphik (sepia pen), Sakura Micron (black), Uniball Eye (black and white)
Vintage tissue pattern
Strathmore mixed media paper
Tulle pink
Fabric
Fabric on Roll - Docrafts
Cosmic Shimmer - gilding flakes and glue
Treasure Gold - rose quartz
Creative Expressions - pearl string
Seed Beads

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Love your ATC you did so much on one tiny card :)

rachel said...

absolutely brilliant - so much work! Hugs rachel x

brenda said...

A real fun creation and so many lovely textures Kezzy.

It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensation this month, many thanks for joining in.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Gloria S said...

I absolutely LOVE this. Never thought I would do something like this, but, now, you got my attention. I also checked out messy hair...just beautiful.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant ATCs Kezzy they are gorgeous. Happy crafting, Angela x

Anne Chilvers said...

Such a lot of work and attention to detail, I love them ! Your step by step info is great too. Well done :)

Sally H said...

A fabulous design, Kezzy! Fabulous textures! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good Luck!

pinky said...

Wow these are just stunning, you are such a talent! Thanks for joining us at our Anything goes challenge at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky