Wednesday 13 May 2015

WOYWW 310

Hi ya, yes I know it's been a few weeks since I blogged and nearly 3 months since my What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  It has been a tough few months as you know, February and March had a lot of illness, then April was difficult with my Mother in Law being in, out and back in hospital and then she had a bleed on the brain and died, I was so sure she would get better.  My Father in Law during that time lost all reality in life and was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and regrettably has had to be put into care.  It's awful to see, especially as he doesn't seem to realise that Pauline has died.  4 days after my last post, just a few days after she died I ended up really ill, the doctors wanted me to stay in hospital but I knew my family needed me home.  I didn't even realise I had an infection which ended up being a nasty one, I was so scared.  In the end a lot of bed rest and medication and now I so much better and finally sorting out the funeral which will be next Tuesday.  Today I went to pick an outfit for her, it's so weird, their home, car all still there, just as it was, when they were living their life in March, completely healthy (apart from Frank being forgetful).  It makes me realise that life can be so vulnerable and in reality doesn't have to prepare us for change or death, a scary and sobering thought.

I have been creating even though I did step back from blogging and after the funeral next week I am hoping to start getting back to some form of normality.  I can't believe that it's nearly the anniversary of WOYWW and I can't wait to join in.  If anybody else would like an ATC please let me know, I shall be making sure I make plenty.

I am just about to start on some envelope swaps that I shall be posting on
Friday.  Also on my desk is my Donna Downey Inspiration Wednesday journal I 
made, plus some Dylusion paints are out which I have been playing with.

On top of my plastic drawers (which seems to be used as an extra desk lol) are stamps
that I have been deciding on for the envelope swap, a tag I made just as
a relaxation crafty evening which I shall be blogging soon and another
Inspiration Wednesday journal I made, purely for playing around with and testing
out older videos that Donna Downey made.

My dumping/sewing desk has my sewing machine out ready which I used
for the journals the other day, on the left side is a frame that I started on
for a Paperartsy challenge, but everything in April happened. I shall be finishing
it off soon hopefully.  At the front of the desk is my Pan Pastel box and 2
ATC's that I started with the Dylusion paints, purely playing but when they
are done I shall put them on here for swapping.
At the back is some Ice Resin I am planning on playing with, my journal
that I am in the middle of doing a Tim Holtz tag for April (that I didn't get
finished) and on the right is a journal page finished for Life Book 2015
which I have finally started.  I am still on lesson 1 but on the second
journal page.  With such a lot going off this year I was late starting but
the best thing is, you do it at your own space so I don't feel rushed and 
just enjoying the process.  This page I am really pleased with and shall blog soon.

Right I shall be off to play with my Pan Pastels, I would like to say a huge thank you to my followers for being so understanding during this rough time.  I haven't had many posts up but I do have lots to blog so I shall be posting more soon.  I also have been so behind with my commenting but I have started so I shall get around to everyone :-).  Don't forget, leave me a comment if you want to swap a
WOYWW anniversary ATC.
Happy ART :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

10 comments:

Helen said...

oh my, what an awful time you've had!! hope to see more of you soon. Love the desk - it looks very busy.. I just got the Dylusion paints and hope to use them very soon! Helen 4

sally said...

Busy desks may hopefully bring some helpful healing your way, it's been a real rough ride & I'm hoping your path smooths out. Hugs.

Sally

rachel said...

Hi there Kerry - so glad you're okay and so sorry for the pants time you've been having - sometimes life can be so very hard - but we have to pick ourselves up and move forward - and find the good things out there - as we both know crating is one of them. Hope things go okay with the funeral - big hugs rachel xx

Sharon Madson said...

I am glad you are doing better and are back to blogging. What fun envelopes you must be planning! Happy WOYWW! #65

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear you're better. I really must make more use of my Pan Pastels. Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 34

J said...

So sorry To hear what an awful time you've had, pleased to hear you are feeling better and back to crafting.
I've never heard of an envelope swop, sounds interesting, sounds like you'll have plenty of things to blog about with all you have on the go so look forward to seeing them.
Jan. no 50

AnyOldCraft said...

Oh hun my heart goes out to you.
We lost my father suddenly at the end of March and it is a tough time.
Glad to hear you are on the mend with your own health.
Love all your Pan Pastels. :) #31

Eliza said...

Oh Kezzy I am so sorry for all your woes and loosing your mum too, it is a pain that will last a long time but ease when you think of the good things. So sorry about your dad, things do go in massive hits like this and yes life can make a hard turn on us at any time. Do rest and get better your family needs you and your desk is screaming out for you to play, potter on it and enjoy your crafting if you can. I love pan pastels and the journal page that is on the desk is awesome as is the tag too.

Belated WOYWW greetings I am sneaking in a few visits whilst at work.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 67

Words and Pictures said...

What a time you've had... I'm so sorry to hear about it all, and especially how it seems to have all come at once.

It's lovely to see you here, even if it's only a brief visit this time around. I wish you all the best for the funeral, and look forward to seeing you back whenever you're ready and able to get back to some sort of normality.
Hugs,
Alison xx

Scrapthology said...

So sorry for your loss. As for your desk, that's mighty busy looking and so diverse, great for me to nose around. Thanks for sharing.