Sunday 29 June 2014

Time for Tea

Hi ya, I couldn't help myself today, while playing finishing off some other bits I'm playing with I just had to have a go at the challenge over at Paperartsy Inspiration Blog, the designer this week has been Kate Yetter and wow she does shabby chic with mega style :-).  I have been playing with a few new bits one of them being the new Caran d'Ache Fibralos that Darcy Wilkinson got hold of them for Paperartsy's shop. Now I have been practising lately with watercolours and when I saw these I just had to treat myself to them. And WOW they are amazing, for my main image below I used 4 pens, seriously the pigment in them is awesome, so for the lighter shades I used more water.  The reason the face is a bit darker is because I managed to put purple lipstick on her face rather then her lips lol, but they did well for a repair job, I just added more water, dabbed and did it again, I do want to try a different watercolour card stock though I think.
Everything I used is at the bottom of the page, I did the
crackle, the spraying and the gesso like Kate did, my gesso didn't
go as well lol as all the spray seeped into the gesso, but I like the effect.
I added some grunge paste, some stickles to the background and the
frame was embossed using an embossing folder.


Didn't the pens do well, I love them, I would love to know why I have
a black dot at the side of her nose, it's not there now lol, typical
just when I was taking a picture :-)








Right I shall be off, like the tag says, I reckon it's time for a cup of tea!!!
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Fresco paints and mediums - inky pool, mermaid, snowflake, crackle, metallic glaze
Paperartsy stamps - LPC014
Paperartsy grunge paste
Paperartsy smooth card stock
That Special Touch mask - doodled damask
Sizzix Alterations die - ornate frame
Treasure Gold - royal amethyst, sapphire
Archival jet black
Stickles Diamond
Dylusion sprays - crushed grape, teal
Glimmer Mist sprays - jazz blue, timeless lilac
Distress Marker - seedless preserve
Couture Creations - Intrinsic
Caran D'Ache Fibralo - 185 - (042, 081, 120, 180)

5 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I love the depth of colour on this project, Kerry Ann! That purple and the blue look wonderful together. Tea cup lady is one of the few LPs I don't have and I really, really want it! I love what you did with it here - great texture and you rescued the face so well. You wouldn't know about the lips if you hadn't told us! Fabrilos look like fun. Another addition to the wish list! xxx

rachel said...

brilliant piece Kerry - would love a hat just like that - the face looks brill! Big hugs to you xx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous colouring on the image, and such fabulous textures in the background - wow!
Alison xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Stunning, these pens are so vibrant, it's a little scary how bright they are but they blend so beautifully and once dry are so pretty.
Try painting your background with a neutral fresco such as nougat and then use the pens over that, you will see they move and blend even more than they do on watercolour paper.
So glad you were inspired to get them, have fun.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Ooh lovely kezzy, so glad you have tried the fibralos as I just ordered some! I am smiling as I just stamped out some teacup ladies for julie Ann!

Lucy x