Sunday 8 June 2014

Paperartsy Inspiration for That Craft Place Challenge

Good morning, I'm popping on today to show you my entry for the Paperartsy Inspiration Challenge and this week I have took inspiration from designer Sue Carrington who's work is truly amazing.  The minute I saw her box I knew I wanted to do a similar one for my dad for Fathers Day.  This is also my DT creation for this Fortnights Challenge over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog and That Craft Place is where I get some of my Paperartsy products from :-).

My dad loves vintage rock, he built the fireplace himself with these colours
of rock, also mum loves copper (oh yes I can remember those days as a kid with 
smelly copper cleaner and scrubbing like mad lol).  So hopefully
mum will allow dad to have this in the living room seems it's copper and matches the
fire place lol, normally dad has to have them in his office :-).
I made a huge mistake last night and I didn't realise until this morning when everything
including the glue gel was dry, can you see it!!!!  I grabbed a piece of
card that was crackled (concrete on concrete) thinking it was (stone on stone),
hmmmmmmmmmmm not brilliant.  I did manage to tone it down with DI pumice stone, which
just noticing now went over the D circle and has darkened it grrrrrrrrr.
Oh well, dad will love it anyway :-)

I should have take a photo of the wood box before hand lol.
It took a lot of dry brushing for this creation, it really gives your arms a good workout :-)










Right I shall be off, I am crafting away (since 6am this morning, don't know why, I was awake and thought why not lol), so I may be back later with another Paperartsy make I started yesterday.  Hope you have a fab Sunday and get to do lots of crafting or enjoy the sun if it's out around you.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - stone, taupe, mud splat, french roast, crackle glaze, concrete (grrrr)
Paperartsy Stamps - Ink the Dog mini 7, Words 4, Gentlemen 3, Mini 95
That Craft Place - wooden embellishments
Sizzix Alterations - Trellis
Copper embossing powder
Versamark
Archival Watering Can
Distress Ink Pumice Stone (grrrrr)
Treasure Gold Copper

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Kezzy this is an awesome masculine project and I love anything practical which this little box definitely is - one can use it for some many things.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Etsuko said...

This is absolutely gorgeous kezzy! Fab vintage look and beautiful used Alterations Trellis and all textures.
It's a great present for your Dad. xx

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous box. Love all the texture

Sarah Anderson said...

that trellis does look amazing used like this, and I love your choice of images - makes for a really fab box

Trish said...

A fab box, and I really can't see what "went wrong". Hope he loves it!

rachel said...

this is really amazing Kerry - a brilliant make - the texture is awesome - your dad is going to love it! Big Hugs rachel xx

Julie Lee said...

Kezzy, your dad will love this! I think it looks really vintage and fabulous! I can see anything wrong with it, it's terrific! Julie Ann xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

oh wow this is just brilliant, your Dad will love it.

Words and Pictures said...

Just brilliant... the texture on top is fab, and the trellis looks superb under your painty layers. Fantastic, and I'm sure your dad will love it.
Alison xx