Thursday 12 June 2014

I Love Art Journal Page

For the Creative Expressions Blog Hop Post
HERE :-)

Hi ya, just popping on to show you a journal page I have been doing.  I started my Dylusions Journal after months of staring at it, I wanted to play with my dylusion sprays as I haven't used them in months because paint has taken over lol.  Actually paint took over this page in the end to :-), and if your interested I took pics of the process, not even sure where I was going or where I was going to end up. All I knew was that I wanted to participate in the challenge over at A Sprinkle of Imagination Challenge which was the following colours - 

I reckon I managed all of them in the end, even if it was just the dots in the heart, What do you think?

I Love Art Journal Page







A list of products use are at the bottom of the page.
I shall give a brief description of what I did, any questions just let me know :-)
I sprayed the dylusion colours but didn't fill the page.

Next I used distress inks to fill in the gaps.

I did the ghosting technique with a couple of stencils

Then I splashed water everywhere

Next I took this gorgeous stencil, but before laying it down I sprayed
temporary adhesive on the back

And then I painted it black.  Now I could have stopped there as I really
loved the clean look, and may do it on a card but a smaller version.
But I wanted this bright and funky so I carried on

I stamped the script over the leaves, I didn't bother to mask off

Then I got my white pen and went mad.  Next I used my heart stencil in the top corner

Used white paint, then used a skewer to do the spray colours over the heart
and filled in with the black pen.

Then I got some different paints and splashed it everywhere, including
my floor, face, arms, chairs ............ the list goes on oops :-)

I then sprayed some card for the wording but I didn't like the mix of colours.
I chose just two but still don't like it, think I might redo it on black card with white paint
or embossing powder.  Or I might just leave it, who knows :-)

A huge thank you for sharing with me today, don't forget there is a blog hop (see link at top of page) going on with lots of goodies from Creative Expressions.  A Huge thank you to Sprinkle of Imagination for giving me some colours to work with, I hate using colours, I love them but I always get lost and it gets scrapped so wouldn't normally do a colour challenge lol.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Dylusion Sprays - calipso teal, crushed grape, lemon zest, tangerine dream, lime, funky fushsia
Distress Inks - picked raspberry, dusty concord, shabby shutters, salty ocean, ripe persimmon
Pebeo Paints - bright pink, bermuda, tangerine, green gold, violet
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - snowflake, limelight
Eco Green Paints - black 
Stencils - Dylusions (number jumble), Prima (chevron), Clarity Stamps (leafy swirl), Studio 490 (never enough hearts)
Montana black and white paint pen
Stampendous Alphabet 
Paperartsy LPC014 (script)

5 comments:

Helen said...

i saw these on my way to find your WOYWW post to say thanks for the atc - what stunning colours and I love how it pops against the black! Fantastic journalling.

rachel said...

awesome pages Kerry - the black looks amazing - the colours become so vivid against it. truely inspiring xx

darcydaydream said...

WOW. I absolutely love your journal pages and have to have a go at this technique as I've not seen this before. Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration.
Christine in Darcy.....xx

jaine drake said...

Wow how colourful. Thank you for entering the challenge at a sprinkle of imagination.

Words and Pictures said...

I love the drama of the vivid colours against the black, and all that doodling and journalling really makes it zing - very cool!
Alison x