Monday 16 June 2014

Creative Expressions - Sand Pit Fun

Good morning, it's bright and sunny here this morning and hopefully it's sunny wherever you are :-).  It's Monday which means it's time for my Creative Expressions Blog creation and this week I won't have a step by step for you!!!  purely because it was really easy to do which surprised even me lol.  The Beach stamps from Sue Wilson are truly gorgeous and I wanted to take the four children and show how awesome they can be on their own.  I wasn't sure if I would need to glue etc so I decided to use alcohol markers instead, also a lot of people use them so I wanted to show how they colour up (details of what I used are at the bottom of the page and colours I used).  As always I will highlight the Creative Expressions products in red :-)
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Paper Crafting Journey Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Craft-Room Challenge Blog - Sun, Sand, Sea
Crafting for all Season Challenge Blog - Don't be Square
Anything But A Card Challenge Blog - Summin' Lovin'
Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog - Outdoors

They can be in a sand pit, or at the beach, but I'm sure their imagination
makes it an adventure :-)

This shell is 13cm wide and I filled it with sand (kids sand).  I stamped 
Creative Expressions Single Stamp Beach Bucket Bliss, Beauty and the Beach,
Treasure Seeker and I Spy with Memento ink pad black.
When I cut the images out I left a small flap of card at the bottom so they can
be poked into the sand so the characters can move.
And of course I so needed to use another Creative Expressions Straw Hat
embellishment, they are so cute :-).  I really expected this to be hard but
it wasn't, it's something that I knew I wanted to do the minute I saw the stamps.
The only think I regret is that I was sure I had edged the characters after I cut
them out with a grey but I didn't which means you can see the card, which
I didn't notice until I uploaded the pictures.





Right that's all for today, I have a post for everyday this week!!! so hope to see you back.  Thanks for visiting.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Colouring Recipe
Promarkers and Flexmarkers
All Skin - coral, sunkissed pink, blush and pale pink.
Blonde Hair - raw sienna, gold, sunflower, tulip yellow and buttercup
Mousey Brown Hair - umber, tan, putty
Boy Clothes - Top (french navy, agean, skyblue) and Shorts (burnt umber, bright orange, spice)
Girl at front Clothes - Bathing Suit (frosted jade, turquoise, marine)
Girl Standing and Girl Crouching Clothes - peach, mango, bright orange, burnt orange, bright green, lime twist, lime green.
Bucket and Spade - lipstick red, berry red, crimson, burgundy.

20 comments:

Tracey Laughton said...

These are some of my favourite stamps Kerry and I love how you have used them! xx

cr@fty said...

What a unique way to use these stamps it's beautiful. These stamps are one my favourite stamps of all time and the hats are so cute.
Hugs
Heather

gwen70 said...

Such a wonderful way to use these stamps, simply brilliant

Zoechaos said...

So creative lovely piece fabulous scene, thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

rachel said...

this is so cool Kerry - oh you clever lady you!!! Brilliant work! Big Hugs rachel xx

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry

These stamps are beautiful the scene brings back childhood memories.
Hugs
Carolx

Words and Pictures said...

So, so clever, Kerry! The children are adorable, and you've created such delicious depth in your scene, as well as dynamic movement with how they're each positioned looking in different directions... and another of those adorable straw hats to finish it off - brilliant!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Very cute and creative!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a delightful piece Kerry, I can almost hear the waves!
The addition of the driftwood to draw attention to your happy children is just wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card this Challenge.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh kezzy this is adorable. A wonderful idea, beautifully executed, and full of life and charm!

Lucy x

Mervi said...

Fabulous creation, lovely dimensions and textures.
Just perfect for the theme at Craft-Room Challenge, thank you;-))m

Mrs Beez said...

I absolutely adore this. Your colouring and cutting is perfection and to place the images on the beach in a shell is inspired. the little sun hat sets it all off Brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But A Card this time.

Carol Q said...

beautiful Kezzy. so imaginative and lovely colouring.

Chris said...

Gorgeous work, Kezzy! The attention to details really shows! Your use of the stamps was brilliant! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog!

XO,
Chris
ascrappersmusings.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Fantastic project, totally adorable!
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting For All Seasons in our Don't be square challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sheri said...

That is adorable! thanks for playing in ABAC challenge

Amber Milone said...

This is so cute and incredibly creative! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room!

Debi said...

Kerry, what a delightful diorama creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi xx

Gram's Treasures said...

Wow, what a lovely idea! Thank you for joining in our challenge this time at Paper Crafting Journey, and good luck!
Joyce xx

Margaret said...

What a wonderfully unique way to celebrate summer! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!