Monday 23 June 2014

Creative Expressions - Nautical Friendship

Good morning, wow another morning post, I have been doing well this week lol.  It's Monday which means it's time for another creation for the Creative Expressions Blog :-).  This month we have been playing with the Creative Expressions single stamps that are beach and nautical theme, and today I have decided to play with the more nautical side of the stamps, these are totally gorgeous and I had a good idea what I wanted to make lol.  I also want to add, everything I used was stuck down with Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer glue, it's a glue I have been using for years and it holds anything together lol and I thought you should know about how awesome this glue can be :-).  As always I shall highlight the Creative Expressions products in red.
I would like to enter my creation into the following challenges :-
Craft Room Challenge Blog - Sun, Sand & Surf
Moving Along With the Times Challenge - Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Distress It (crackle background)

I really love how the sea came out, this was done with Creative Expressions Texture Paste :-)

Lots of close up pics :-)









And now for the step by step :-)

I used Eco Green paint Stormy to cover the canvas, then when dry I added
Cosmic Shimmer Crackle Glaze over the top.  When that was dry I painted over with
Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint Warm White (eek need more as now I have run out lol)

I just love those cracks :-)

Next I used Cosmic Shimmer Glue to stick on the wood pieces.

Then I added some net with loads of glue for the next step.

I added sand over the top and patted it down and left it for an hour
(this is bought play sand) :-)

The reason I used so much glue was so I would get loads of lumps of sand,
I patted off the canvas and this is the outcome, and no way is this sand going anywhere lol.

To make the sea I used Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste Clear and Gold Pearl,
with a hint of Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste Lilac Blush and added
some Eco Green Paint Stormy to get the colour I wanted.

Initially I stamped the ship so I could see where the sea came up to, I then
added the paste mix and made lots of flicks for the choppy sea.

Because I was using alcohol inks I stamped with Memento black ink and
stamped onto card stock Creative Expressions Singles Ship in the Bottle, The Clipper
and the middle of the Nautical Words, I didn't use that in the end.

I didn't want them too bright so I kept to a neutral tone and cut each of them
out.

Now initially when I stamped the ship earlier I forgot about the cloud surrounding
the stamp, so when the sea was dry I did some touch up by repeating the first step
over that area.

Next I took a That Special Touch Mask Clouds and used Eco Green Paint Stormy
and then over the top I pounced some Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint Warm White
over the top to soften them.

I added a ship wheel from my stash and then added Creative Expressions Gilding
Wax Summer Blue around it and the sea and over the rope in areas Vintage Golden Green.
I didn't take a picture of the last part ooops :-), I then added the ships and
re made some of the texture mix and added flicks of the sea over the ships.

Right I better be off, hope you enjoyed my nautical canvas and a huge thanks for taking the time to have a peep.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

19 comments:

Craft buddy said...

What an amazing amount of technique and texture you have put into this piece - gorgeous and masculine at the same time. Really stunning. Thank you for joining Moving Along With the Times this week! x Jessie

perfectly4med said...

Amazing! Cracking (no pun intended) piece of mixed media work :)

Neil

CraftyJo said...

This is stunning, thanks so much for all the detailed descriptions of the process, it's gorgeous.

Naomi said...

Absolutely amazing, great blog tutorial and the piece is so lovely. Texture, colour atmosphere, love it.

jane stillman said...

Oh my word what a stunning canvas. Love all the techniques, colours and embellishments you've used. Thanks for the step by step

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful hanging awesome project so inspiring. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Josephine said...

Fabulous! Love the sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

rachel said...

yay it worked!!!! Brilliant piece - love this and so very clever - love the thought process and the result and that saying is just wonderful xx

Carol Q said...

stunning Kezzy. amazing mixed media work and fabulous texture.

hazel said...

Wow! This is amazing, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room challenge.
xxx Hazel.

* Shell B.* said...

Simply fabulous project, great images & textured design!
Glad you joined us for the challenge at One Stitch At A Time, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT DT ~

flossbite said...

Truly stunning! I'm in awe of what you have done. Thanks for joining us at The crafter's Cafe.
Hugs
Fiona DT x

Julie Lee said...

Phew! Got here at last! I so wanted to see this after spotting it on Facebook! What a terrific work of art! It creates a real feel of the sea. Stunning work with a really amazing use of different techniques!What an achievement, Kerry Ann - it's brilliant! Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell! This is amazing and I'm so not into nautical things (coming from the middle of nowhere Canada...8 hours drive to the nearest ocean and that was the Arctic Ocean!). Wowsa! Erin xx

Dagmar said...

What an amazing artwork! I can't say how fantastic it ist!!!!

Margaret said...

This is spectacular! Love all the textures and the fabulous scene. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck! Maggie, DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Oh wow what a fabulous scene and I love the techniques. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOWWWW, das ist ja fantastisch. Einfach wunderbar.

LG Carola

rachel said...

back again Kerry - just to say thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month! Hugs Rachel xx