Monday 31 March 2014

Creative Expressions - Happy Easter

Hi ya, hope your all well. At last after sending some samples off today I am caught up :-) which means I get a week of playing, so hopefully I will be posting a bit more, thank you all for your patience.  It's Monday so it's time for my weekly creation for the Creative Expressions Blog and this week I have been playing with two of Sue Wilsons stamps which are corners and borders (scent corner and scent border).  I'm afraid my step by step is quite short (your probably relieved lol) but I was completely in the zone and forgot to take pics (oops).  As usual I will highlight all the products from Creative Expressions :-).

The corner I used to make the Easter Eggs.  I don't normally use
border stamps but I have to admit I have fallen in love with this stamp :-)






And now for the shortest step by step I have ever done lol ................................

I used Creative Expressions Coconut Card and stamped Creative Expressions
Sue Wilson Scent Corner in an oval shape (corner at top and bottom for each
egg) with Ranger Perfect Medium, then I embossed with Cosmic Shimmer 
Detail True White Embossing Powder.  I also stamped the Creative Expressions
Sue Wilson Scent Border lining it up twice to get a long border using the 
perfect medium and white embossing powder.
I then inked over each egg and each border with Distress Inks Mustard Seed,
Spiced Marmalade and Shabby Shutters.  I then spritzed Cosmic Shimmer Mist in
Pearl over the yellow, Rich Gold over the orange and Golden Mint over the green.
I then cut the eggs with Spellbinders Classic Oval Large die and the borders with
Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Bracket.

I used some White Seam Binding and used the colours from above, by 
pouncing the inkpad on the non stick mat and spraying with the cosmic shimmer
sprays and water, as it is I only used the orange ribbon in the end :-)

While they were drying I used Adirondack Alcohol Ink ink Lemonade, Pesto
and Peach Bellini to colour some Creative Expressions White Gems and Creative 
Expressions Finishing Touches Small Circle Dazzlers.  I then took some
Creative Expressions Coconut Card for matting and used Distress Ink Pad Spiced Marmalade 
to colour the edges that would be seen.  I took some Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers
and coloured the edges with the same colour.  I cut some card with the 
Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio, edged with the orange and added the 
chit chat stickers.

Right that's it for me today, hope you manage some crafting today and I shall be back tomorrow when I have finished some of my half done projects lol.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

4 comments:

rachel said...

love the colours Kerry - your card looks fabulous - such a clever idea too! Enjoy the pressure being lifted! Big Hugs rachel xx

Julie Lee said...

I love the fresh colours of the eggs, the great composition and the way you used the border stamp so effectively! This card is just gorgeous! Sorry I've not been around much lately due to Mattie being so poorly. It's so full of happiness anyone receiving it would not help but have a happy Easter! Huge Hugs Julie Ann xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just stunningly creative. Just adore the zesty colouring, the stamping, pearls and touches of bling.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Words and Pictures said...

Can absolutely see why you like this stamp, and I love your bright and cheery spring trio of eggs - lovely!
Alison xx