Sunday 27 October 2013

Skeletons dance to the Witches

Hi all, wow what a mad couple of days, our Internet kept playing up and every time I wanted to do a post it kept glitching.  Then it completely went and we had no internet at all for over a day, as it was we got an appointment for NTL which was two weeks and I thought Oh no what will I do lol, then my other half remembered seeing an NTL bloke at the box in front of our house, reckon he was fixing someones down the street, so my other half decided to go and have a quick look and it looks like ours had been knocked which is why it was glitching, then finally fell out and leaving us with no internet.  Then I think we all went mad today on the Internet when it crashed this evening grrrrrrr but thankfully it's back on.  I have so many posts to do lol, it will take a few days to catch up.
So my first post is for That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is Halloween plus we are looking for new DT, please go and apply, we really want some more grungy inky painty crafters and it's only once a fortnight and the team is great :-)
I would like to enter my creation into the following challenges -
Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog - What's your poison - must include green and black no orange
Country View Craft Challenge - Something Spooky

I wanted it to look like the skeletons were dancing for and
praising the witch, hope it comes accross that way :-)

I cut the mini halloween hat in half, painted it with DP and then
sprayed Cosmic Shimmer mist all over it, I love how it seems to shine.

The background was made up of DP and Cosmic Shimmer mist and misting
sprays, then I used a spray varnish all over it.  This meant when I did the moon the 
pearl shimmer just layed on top giving the vivid pearl white spots.  The 
moon was DP with the spray over which when mixed with the DP left areas
that you could see the blue through leaving a weird but gorgeous moon.
Also I added grunge paste in areas to give lots of texture, they were covered
in DP paint then I used Treasure Gold over them, I also used the TG over
the plastic spiders and all the sides.
I stamped some bats on the moon, then used DP dripped down from the moon
as if the moon was bleeding.

You can see the background better here, I also used cosmic shimmer silk
glitter, which was super gorgeous, and Distress glitter.  To give
some texture when the background was wet I used micro beads
and then when the background was dry I brushed them off leaving
intense areas in some places.  The skeletons were stamped with DP.

Another shot of the texture and the background.

My favourite has to be the witch, I covered some tissue with
DP paint and mixing in some mica powders for the last layer for a slight glow.
I then stamped her face and then started decorating her face in areas.
I used a mini web stamp and DP for her I lids, and a larger cobweb and 
spider on her cheek.  I also did some doodling.
Her hair is some Halloween spider web that I got from the supermarket
a few years ago, I took a bit then coloured it with colorwash and some 
cosmic shimmer mist.  I left it too soak for 2hrs but it was still not dry
I think that the synthetic part wouldn't let it soak much so I had
to mop up the rest and then dry it.  It's not as dark as I like but
I love it now as it seems to glow with the whole face and background.
The spiders also came with the web and I used Treasure Gold over them.

Right I better be off, back tomorrow with more posts (pretty please let the internet stay on lol).
Happy Crafting
Hugs
Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Stamps - Chocolate Baroque (boo mini), Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz (classics #5, mini Halloween)
Paint - Distress paint (black soot, crushed olive, bundled sage, peeled paint, seedless preserve, chipped sapphire, dusty concord, stormy sky, fired brick, picket fence)
Sprays - Cosmic Shimmer (purple violet, teal wash, pearl, golden mint), Cosmic Shimmer Misting Spray (black night), Adirondack Color Wash (lettuce)
Mica Powders - Cosmic Shimmer (violet frost, pearlescent)
Mini Halloween hat cut in half
Mod podge
Paperartsy (grunge paste and crackly tissue paper)
Archival jet black ink pad
Crafters Companion - varnish spray)
Supermarket - spider web with plastic spiders (used some of web for hair and coloured it)
Cosmic Shimmer - polished silk glitter (vintage violet)
Distress Glitter - seedless preserve
Treasure gold - green amber


4 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Love that hair with her witches hat! The background sheen is spooky and perfect! Fantastic spooky project! Glad you joined us in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge spooky fun!

toni said...

This piece is full of really great ideas ! Fabulous work x

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous piece! The background textures are super and I love the witches hat! Thanks for sharing your spooky project with us at Country View Crafts this month.

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous creation,with the DT from Frilly and Funkie love the spookyness Hugs Terry xxxx