Tuesday 19 March 2013

Frilly and Funky Challenge

Hi all, just been playing this evening and had a go at the challenge over at Frilly and Funky which is William Morris Style,  they gave you some inspiration pictures and I based mine (loosely I may add lol) on this picture - 

I used a damask stamp using distress inks and then clear
embossed it.  Then I covered the whole tag with faded jeans,
next I used water to highlight the middle of the images
(took away with water).
Then I used stamp n bond embossing powder for the
edges and covered them in ink.
I used a leaf stamp, embossed in gold, coloured with
distress markers then cut out.

The birds where chipboard which I covered in versamark,
embossed in a dark red then added flicks of gold embossing 
powder.
I wish I hadn't of gilded the edges as I feel it was too much, also too many leaves lol.

Right I shall be off, it certainly was a challenge and I have to admit I enjoyed playing this evening :-)
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kerry xxx

Recipe
Stamps - Chocolate Baroque (delightful damask), Crafty Individuals (248)
Distress ink pads - faded jeans, forest moss, walnut stain
Distress markers - forest moss, shabby shutters, peeled paint
Versamark
Embossing powders in clear, red, gold, stamp n bond
Maya chipboard birds
Tag and twine
Craftynotions gilding flakes

3 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Awesome Kezzy!!! So glad you went for it and joined us at Frilly and Funkie with this. LOVE the embossing and the leaves, and boy don't those birds work so well. Hugs, Jenny x

rachel said...

this is fabulous Kerry - really amazing xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

a gorgeous bird and love the textures you have created on the leaves!
thanks for joining us at our william morris inspired challenge at frilly and funkie hugs trace x