Monday 12 November 2012

Encased Leaves

Hi all, just popping on with a tag that I have just finished.  On Saturday I picked some leaves from the trees in our garden, the colours were really enticing and they were at the point of falling. I put them all in a book and added lots of books on top, I went to check on them today and they looked gorgeous that I had to have a play. I had already done the backing paper as a masterboard in September and it had a real autumn feel, I heated some UTEE on my heat mat, then I added the leaves and sprinkled more UTEE on top.  When cooled I added some music paper to the back. The side of the tag was embossed with stamp bond then mega flakes rubbed over, the L ease a chipboard that has also had the same treatment.

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges
                                              Frilly and Funky - Tic Tac Toe (below) I used Metal, Chipboard,Lace
                                              Crafting for all Seasons - Falling Leaves
                                              Alphabet Challenge Blog - T for Tags



Better be off, time for bet lol.  I haven't done a recipe as I have already done one for the masterboard, but if you do want to know which post or what I have used then just leave a comment :-), thanks for visiting.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kerry xxx

5 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The trapped leaved in UTEE is brilliant, and adds so much depth to this tag! I love the leaf colors as well! Stunning background the metallics really set this off and please the eye! Fab color and fab embellies! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

Annie said...

Wow thats really fab Kerry.
Hugs,
A x

rachel said...

this is fabulous Kerry - love the metal foil around the edges and the colours are stunning - will have to try the UTEE idea too! Hugs rachel xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous tag, Kerry... how funny, I was just wondering today whether it would be possible to preserve Autumn leaves with UTEE or some sort of glaze!! Wonderful colours and patinas... Thanks so much for all your lovely comments over at Words and Pictures - very diligent catching up!! (I've still got plenty of it to do...)
Alison x

Unknown said...

A beautiful tag! I love the effect the utee has given the whole thing!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx