Monday 31 October 2011

Mojo Monthly October

Hi, I'm afraid I'm late again for mojo monthly over at Sarah's Blog, this month was book covers and I had some fab ideas, but as you all know, illness has taken most of my October.  I am half way through doing a book that opens to reveal somewhere to store bits and bobs which I'm planning to finish, the best thing is, it looks just like a book but has hidden treasures within, I'm planning to give my PA at work it, so she can keep it on her desk.  I have managed to finish my book cover clock for my dad.  It took ages and many charity shops to find the cover I wanted, I then added stamping, working clock mechanism and some paint (recipe below).  The best thing is the clock back is hidden inside the book so it stands up fantastic or can be put on the wall.
Thank you for sharing. Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Book - from charity shop
Stamps - Paper artsy (clocks 5 and words 4), Hot off the press (alphabet), Creative expressions (vintage typewriter)
Paint - Paper artsy (fresco snowflake)
Colorwash - Adirondack (stream)
Inkpad - Archival (jet black)
Clock - Paper artsy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry you've been under the weather! Very glad to see you at MMM - before the deadline so that's what counts... the year is running away with us. I love these blue tones and stamping - a really great look for a male gift and a fabulous cover choice - I spend ages looking for the right one too! Thanks so much for sharing your work with My Mojo Monthly - look forward to seeing the treasure book! Sarah.